Friday 1 March 2019

Deca Ironman is on

It has been a long time and just when I thought I could 'retire' from these crazy events, my last being in 2015! my Triple Ironman . Claire at http://decauk.co.uk/ decides to host the UK's first Deca Ironman. How can I resist!



The Stats

To summarise this is a continuous 24 mile swim, 1,120 mile bike ride and then finishing with a 262 mile run all of which you have to complete within the 12 day cut off.

Putting this into some perspective it is approximately the equivalent of:

Swimming the English Channel (or a little under a marathon distance)


Cycling from Land's End to John o'Groats and back again


Running from London to the Lake District

It all kicks off on July 21st!

The Why

I was originally going to keep this on the quiet and just announce when I felt good and ready (closer to the time) but sadly my cousin John Power aka Loki Dread had been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and I felt i to do something to 'help'.
Given this awful news I decided to raise money for a good cause which is why I am raising money for Macmillan. Macmillan has been amazing in helping John and his family come to terms with his illness and supporting him throughout with home care. If it was not for Macmillan he would not have been allowed home surrounded by his loving family of a wife and two amazing young daughters.

I had announced my event just before Christmas on other social media places but I have now decided to kick start my blog again throughout this journey to keep others updated and myself on track.

Sadly John passed away in the new year.

This is for you cuz


You

It would be amazing to have donations, if you would like to please use this link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/doddi-deca

No comments:

Post a Comment